Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best In Show



In honor of  the winner of the Westminster Dog Show , a Pekingese named Ch Palacegarden Malachy, I am posting paintings of ladies with their lap dogs.  The Pekingese was bred as a companion dog.  I thought I might be able to find some paintings of ladies with their Pekingese pups.  I don't think any of these actually are Pekingese dogs, however there are some pretty fabulous paintings, from different centuries and different countries, of ladies with their canine companions. As a dog-lover, whose golden retriever goes pretty much everywhere with me, I totally understand the bond between people and their dogs. All of these paintings are from the archives of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.











1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful examples of dog portraits. So glad other people enjoyed the Westminster show. I had so much fun watching it, although I was rooting for the aristocratic looking Dobberman; he was so amazing! Thanks for sharing these beauties.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete