Tuesday, May 15, 2012

To Be Planted...

Digitalis

I get emails several times a week from a plant wholesaler that I have made many purchases from.  It's a love/hate thing for me.  I love getting the emails because they have great photos of the plants, and I very much enjoy looking at them and imagining them in my garden.   But I hate getting them because I am always tempted to spend way too much money.  Because they are wholesalers, they have great prices, however there is a minimum purchase amount of $50. 

To satisfy my plant love without spending any money, I'm creating a virtual plant list...We have a deer problem, to say the least, so most of these plants are deer resistant...the ones that aren't will have to be planted behing my virtual fence.  I like gardens that stay within a particular color family.  For me it's pinks, purples and white. 

 Double Peony

Double Peony

 Siberian Iris

 Dahlia (not deer resistant)

  Dahlia (not deer resistant)

 Dahlia (not deer resistant)

Lily of the Valley

Clematis

 Astilbe

Astilbe 

Astilbe

Asiatic Lily (not deer resistant)

Russian Sage

All of the photos above are from Van Bourgondien



4 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Seems to be a fabulous deal!
    I can relate to the deer problem. My house backed up to land before it was built up, and my herbs were grown for the wildlife to say the least. It is a tough problem.
    Thank you for sharing the gorgeous flowers.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful selections, Jennifer. I live very close to Rock Creek Park in DC, and am fortunate the deer do not bother my plants...fingers crossed! I love lily of the valley...mine are done blooming. My peonies and Siberian irises are blooming now. Cheers, Loi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a sucker for plants as well - this seems like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoyed seeing these gorgeous photos! I'm itching to spend lots of money on plants at the moment myself!

    ReplyDelete